experiences extremely cold winters, which is why it is important to keep your
heat working with reliable heating services in Kendall County. When you have a
solid home heating system you can rely on, you will stay comfortable even on
the coldest days of the year. At R. Bedal Heating & Cooling, we provide
high-quality heating products and can handle all of the installation, repair,
replacement, and/or maintenance needs. Our team of Plano and Sandwich heating specialists
are happy to work with you to determine which heating system works best for
your home or business.
people say that the kitchen is the heart of the home, but at R. Bedal Heating
& Cooling, we believe that the heart of your home is your furnace. In the
cold, winter months it spreads warmth throughout your home to keep your family
cozy. But did you know that your furnace is working even in the summer months?
During the hot summers in the Plano and Sandwich area, your furnace is hard at
work circulating the refreshing, cool air from your system. If staying warm and
cozy during the winter and cool and comfortable in the summer is a priority for
you, it’s important that you choose the right furnace and maintain it properly.
Fortunately, our Kendall County heating specialists are well equipped and have
the proper training to provide you with the installation, repair, and
maintenance services you need to keep your furnace in excellent working
condition all year round.
the Illinois cold weather is here, heating services are available in Plano,
Sandwich and surrounding communities from R. Bedal Heating & Cooling. One
of the best things you can do is check your heating system to ensure safe and
efficient operation. By testing your heating system early, you will be prepared
for the cold weather and everything that comes with it. R. Bedal has heating
services for all of Kendall County, so they are able to respond quickly if there
is a problem.
are advised to first inspect your gas-fired heating systems to ensure the units
start and run
How to check your heating systems
- Verify that the area surrounding the unit is free of combustible items like boxes, paper, clothing, paint, etc.
- Make sure that the flue pipe is connected and in good condition.
- If you have a hot water boiler, verify that the indicator on the pressure gauge falls into the normal range (12-15 psi cold).
- If you have a steam heating system, check the water level in sight glass. If it is low, turn on the water supply valve to bring the water level up to the halfway mark. Turn off the valve.
- Verify that all controls, valves, and electrical switches are in the “on” position.
How to start up your heating systems:
- If the unit is equipped with a pilot, confirm that it’s lit. If the pilot light is out, follow the instructions on the heating unit to relight it. Let the pilot light burn a few minutes before continuing.
- Many heating units use a form of automatic ignition. Review the starting instructions located on the unit before continuing.
- Set each thermostat mode to “heat” (if equipped) and raise the setting five degrees above room temperature. The heating system should start within a minute or two.
- Let the unit run a few minutes to ensure it is operating normally and then return all controls to their previous settings.
If you’re having problems:
- Need help lighting the pilot? R. Bedal Heating & Cooling will perform this service for you.
- Not working properly? R. Bedal Heating & Cooling customers can contact us and schedule repair services online for assistance from our qualified service technicians.
We are also asking customers to keep their homes and yards safe, well lit, and free of clutter so that our workers can safely access the meters and their equipment. Customers are asked to:
- Warn R. Bedal workers of any hazardous conditions on your property, such as loose steps or railings.
- Make sure the path leading to your meters is clear and properly lit – especially stairways.
- Keep dogs and other pets secured away from our workers and service areas
- Keep the area around your furnace, meter and appliances free and clear of clutter. Trim bushes and shrubs in the vicinity of meters located outdoors.
To ensure proper gas pressures, efficient operation, and safe environment for you and your family it is always recommended to have your system inspected and cleaned by a qualified technician. Contact us
today to learn more.